We sang the National Anthem at Yankees Stadium during the second game of the American League Championship Series. While in New York City, we also visited Trump Towers and serenaded Donald Trump.
We opened a concert for Ben Folds at the Durham Performing Arts Center. They are also featured on Ben Folds Presents: University A Cappella, an album that Ben Folds released in 2009 after evaluating many submissions made by groups across the country.
2011 (this was a pretty big year for us!):
2013 (another pretty big year!):
- CARA AWARDS: Our album, "Philophony," won the 2011 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award (CARA) for Best Female Collegiate Album. Megan Bailey also won Best Female Collegiate Solo for "Death by Chocolate." The album was also nominated for Best Female Collegiate Song ("Battlefield") and Best Female Collegiate Arrangement (Marianne Cheng and Sofia Leon for "If Tha Mood"). The Loreleis were the only female group to be nominated in all four categories!
- ICCAS: We placed second at the Southern Quarterfinals of International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) at the University of Georgia. In addition, Marianne Cheng won "Best Soloist" for "Misery."
- CARA AWARDS: We received SIX CARA nominations! We were nominated in all four collegiate all-female a cappella categories as well as Best Soul/R&B song ("Hate on Me") and Best Scholastic Original Song ("Trees" by Thomas Daniels). We'd like to give a special shout out to Marianne Cheng who got nominated for Best Solo AND Best Arrangement. We are also VERY grateful for Dave Sperandio, Kat Dunbar Linker, Marianne Cheng, Melinda Roth, and Thomas Daniels for help making "A Kick & A Wallop" a wonderful success! The other amazingly talented nominated groups can be found here.
- ICCAS: We made it all the way to Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN for the ICCA semifinals! Also, Mindy Roth won "Best Arrangement" for "DNA".
- DPAC: We had the incredible opportunity to open for the one and only Jay Leno at Durham Performing Arts Center in March.
- Newest Album: We released our latest album BURN in March, and it is already flying off the shelves. The album features our single "DNA," which was also selected for the 2014 Best of College A Cappella Album.