BOCA 2014: Best Of College A Cappella 1 - Everybody Talks - The Beelzebubs, Tufts University 2 - Pompeii -- Juxtaposition, Virginia Tech 3 - Beauty and a Beat - Rip Chord, Elon University 4 - DNA - The Loreleis, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill 5 - Breathe Again - The Statesmen, Penn State University 6 - Scream - Eight Beat Measure, Rochester Institute of Technology 7 - Clarity - The Madison Project, James Madison University 8 - Somebody to Love - The Harmonics, Stanford University 9 - Fire - The Virginia Belles, University of Virginia 10- Domino - The Academical Village People, University of Virginia 11- Thinkin Bout You - The G-Men, University of Michigan 12- The a Team - Not Too Sharp, University of New Hampshire 13- Tightrope - The SoCal VoCals, University of Southern California 14- Paris (Ooh La La) - The Amalgamates, Tufts University 15- Don't You Worry - The Nor'easters, Northeastern University 16- Death of Communication - Off the Beat, University of Pennsylvania 17- Glitter In The Air - No Comment, University of Illinois 18- Wake Me Up - Naturally Sharp, Virginia Tech 19- Bad Moon Rising - Voices In Your Head, University of Chicago
Read more about BOCA here!
- The Daily Tarheel article on ICCAs
- Check out this article by Resound Magazine on UNC A Cappella being well represented at ICCAs South Quarterfinals!
- CARA AWARDS: Our album, "Philophony," won the 2011 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award (CARA) for Best Female Collegiate Album. Megan Bailey also won Best Female Collegiate Solo for "Death by Chocolate." The album was also nominated for Best Female Collegiate Song ("Battlefield") and Best Female Collegiate Arrangement (Marianne Cheng and Sofia Leon for "If Tha Mood"). The Loreleis were the only female group to be nominated in all four categories!
- ICCAS: We placed second at the Southern Quarterfinals of International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) at the University of Georgia. In addition, Marianne Cheng won "Best Soloist" for "Misery."
- CARA AWARDS: We received SIX CARA nominations! We were nominated in all four collegiate all-female a cappella categories as well as Best Soul/R&B song ("Hate on Me") and Best Scholastic Original Song ("Trees" by Thomas Daniels). We'd like to give a special shout out to Marianne Cheng who got nominated for Best Solo AND Best Arrangement. We are also VERY grateful for Dave Sperandio, Kat Dunbar Linker, Marianne Cheng, Melinda Roth, and Thomas Daniels for help making "A Kick & A Wallop" a wonderful success! The other amazingly talented nominated groups can be found here.
- ICCAS: We made it all the way to Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN for the ICCA semifinals! Also, Mindy Roth won "Best Arrangement" for "DNA".
- DPAC: We had the incredible opportunity to open for the one and only Jay Leno at Durham Performing Arts Center in March.
- Newest Album: We released our latest album BURN in March, and it is already flying off the shelves. The album features our single "DNA," which was also selected for the 2014 Best of College A Cappella Album.